Sunday 29 August 2010

My New Home

28 hours after departing from Gainesville in a tiny plane, here I am in my new house ready to start my new life in my new town of St Albans. I'm exhausted - as is Noah - we went on three planes, a bus and a train before packing Suzi and the trailer full of stuff (mostly mine) and driving to Noah's new house. We unloaded some of the stuff there, had a bit of a look around, then drove over to my new place (only about ten minutes away!!) to unload my things.

Noah's house is lovely. It feels very peaceful there, and kind people from the church have already furnished it with two sofas, two beds, two rugs, two benches and a table. There's even a barbecue in the charming garden behind the house (not to mention the shed or the composter). And - the height of classy living - there is a serving hatch between the kitchen and the lounge. Who needs corridors?

Anyway, more details on St Albans at some other time, when I'm a bit less exhausted. We have to get up early again in the morning to go back to Godalming and collect the rest of our belongings. We looked into van hire but it didn't work out, so it's just Suzi and the tiny trailer. Noah reckons at least three more trips - I'm hoping we can do it in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment