Sunday 19 February 2012

Misty Distance, Haberdashery and Geocaching

And now for this week's Pleasing Photo...

PP#8 Misty Distance
What I like about this one is how you can see quite a long way into the distance (if you make it big, anyway) even though it's a very misty landscape. Perhaps it's not immediately striking, but I've found that I can look at it for a long time. It's also very representative of Monday morning's walk! It is of course another one from the Peak District trip.

Oh, and yesterday, on our way to Linton Zoo* (with Claire and Matthew) we stopped off to look for a geocache at Hadstock. No luck finding the cache - but we did happen upon a very unexpected haberdasher's and fabric shop. Claire and Matthew made enquiries about curtain fabrics, and I purchased a metre of quilting cotton in the sale, which I plan on making into a skirt, or maybe a top. Yes, I like the idea of a top. Just need a pattern that only uses a metre of fabric!

I'd been thinking a bit about geocaching in the last few days anyway. The last one I found was ages ago, when I lived in Scarborough, and I'd kind of forgotten about it. I remembered when I discovered the GPS capability of my iPhone, which wasn't very helpful yesterday but led us today to Noah's first geocache! Alas, I didn't take my camera.

* Worth a look at the Linton Zoo site if you want to see whether lions can build snowmen.

1 comment:

  1. It cetainly has a Monday morning feel to it! Glad you had a fun weekend, lovely to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete