Saturday 6 April 2013

Family

Last weekend Asher got to meet his Great Grandparents. That was pretty special!

My Grandad is in hospital and we didn't know whether we'd be able to take Ash in, but the nurses kindly said we could and even let us all squeeze into the tiny day room on the ward. Asher was pretty cheerful and didn't cry at all, and Grandad felt well enough to hold him. Here they are together:


Asher also met his Uncle Luke for the first time. Uncle Luke isn't really interested in babies but he had a little go.

Who do you think looks more nervous?
When we got back to Grandma and Grandad's house my Mum suggested a four-generational photo... Grandma hates having her photo taken, but she agreed.

We didn't colour-coordinate on purpose...
It was pretty special to be there with Asher, in the house where my Mum was born and grew up and where I have so many happy childhood memories. Because my family has moved around the country so much, Grandma's house is the only place which really holds those early memories for me. It's a place that's been familiar all my life; it not only looks but also feels and smells familiar.

I can't believe we missed the chance to get a photo of Asher with my Auntie Ann - his Great Auntie I suppose, but it feels weird to call her that! They got on really well and Ann got plenty of Asher smiles. She was behind the camera for that last photo, so that will have to do.

1 comment: