Wednesday 21 August 2013

Asher's first castle?

Yesterday me and Ash had a day out with my dad. We went to Glastonbury and climbed up the Tor (it was hot!) and found a cafe for lunch. Asher generally enjoyed it I think, although for some reason he was NOT keen to be wrapped on my back and screamed every time I tried it. Fine when I carried him on my front though. Weird.

Afterwards we drove to nearby Nunney, where there is a small moated castle. Asher's first castle, I think. He was interested primarily in the other child visitors (he loves watching other children), but was also quite delighted when I stood near the wall and released his arms so he could touch the stones. We did this several times, eliciting a huge grin on each occasion.

Then it was time to come back for dinner. Asher enjoyed his chilli and nectarine so much that we had to rush him over to baby bathing. We were a bit late but the kind helpers allowed us to give him a bath anyway. Unfortunately, in the rush to get there, I kind of forgot to bring him a clean nappy or any clean clothes. Fortunately he rather enjoyed being carried back across the site just wrapped in a towel!



No comments:

Post a Comment