Monday 30 September 2013

Can I touch it?

We had fun yesterday with an empty box. Not just any old box - one with a clear round window, which I initially kept because I thought it would make a good drum. Indeed it did, but then I thought it would be more fun to put something inside. Asher was so curious! He could see his Indian rattle through the little window but couldn't touch it. His response each time was to lean forward and lick the plastic - I guess he was using his mouth to try and figure out what kind of sorcery was going on! Next I put my hand inside the box and drummed on the plastic from underneath. Ash was fascinated and again did the mouth test. I think he kind of gets the idea of glass in doors and windows but this was a bit different.

Today I tried to explain it to him by showing the box sideways so he could see me putting objects in and out. I couldn't get him to reach inside but he did look in and see the toy. Really interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment