Thursday 16 January 2014

Florida #1: Fun at the Zoo

Our trip to America feels like ages ago already! We got back a week ago and are just about over the jet lag (although still rather exhausted). I have a lot of photos I couldn't post while we were away. I'm going to do four posts because there are so many pictures.

So this time I finally got to visit Santa Fe Zoo. It's a teaching zoo at the university Noah went to. Or one of the universities he went to. Or maybe it's a college... the American education system confuses me ;) - anyway I think a trip to the zoo has been posited on every one of my previous visits, but now we have an almost toddling animal lover in the family it was the obvious time to go.

On the way to the zoo. The only giraffe Asher saw that day! (He was a lot more impressed with the real animals).

Watching a very determined monkey trying to pull a stick into his cage. Wasn't it obliging of Nana to wear coordinating nail varnish?

Giant tortoises - just like in the Miffy book, except that Asher didn't get to ride them.

Fortunately he got to ride on his Grandpa instead. 

Looking at... ummm... I think they might actually have been looking at a digger!

Such a determined walker - but only with a hand (or preferably two hands) to hold onto.

Oh, and Asher has finally discovered ...

... that slides ...

... are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment