Thursday 3 December 2009

My Last Day!

Today was our last observation - and our last day at our first school. I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone by! I'm really going to miss our lovely class teacher and TA, and as for the children - we've met so many charming characters, and it's rather sad that we won't know how they get on as the year progresses.

Looking back, though, I think there has been some development (on their part as well as ours!) even during the month we've been there. We've seen some friendships develop in the class, and although there we still get a lot of complaints I think I've noticed a bit more willingness to share toys. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking! I'm sure I've changed over the month, though. My Teacher Voice is much more convincing than it used to be! We've also discovered that simpler activities can actually be more effective than the ones that seem really exciting. Today's investigation, which involved finding seven beads in the sand tray, went a lot better than the time we took them all outside to build walls out of straw. And the children appeared to enjoy it just as much. Maybe they were riding on the residual excitement of donning their Christmas Show outfits for the first time this morning.

Anyway, it's back to uni for two weeks now before Christmas. Long lectures, essay work, all kinds of theory and no actual children... As I might have mentioned, I'm really going to miss school!

No comments:

Post a Comment