Monday 23 January 2012

An emergency Staff Meeting at break time usually means...

Yes, that's right. OFSTED are visiting my school.

There is not a little consternation among the staff. Her Majesty's esteemed Inspectors have given us two days' notice of their intended visit. Which is jolly nice of them really, especially as from September they'll just be waltzing in without so much as a by-your-leave [1].

Anyhow. It's made something of a change to everybody's weeks, as you can imagine. Not that we're intending to change anything because of the inspection, but suddenly everyone's trying to do the things they were planning to do over the next few weeks all at once. Displays are going up at an alarming rate, and I spent most of my PPA time this afternoon transferring assessment information from various different places to a single folder so it'll be easy for them to see. It would have happened by the end of term - just not in a single afternoon!

This would happen the week I'm poorly, we have a class assembly to learn AND it's the marble treat tomorrow so I have to go to school dressed as a princess.

I just hope I don't have any plans for the weekend!

[1] It'd be fun if they actually did waltz in...

No comments:

Post a Comment