Monday 11 March 2013

Working Out

Asher has started to really notice when we dangle objects in front of him. He concentrates so hard, watching for the slightest movement, and waving his arms about excitedly.


Sometimes he makes contact with whatever the dangling object is - in this case a set of plastic chain links, which prompted me to make my first ever American Football joke as I encouraged Ash to "move those chains!"

(Sorry...)


He usually uses his left hand, so I'm wondering if we have another left-hander in the family. I know it's a bit early to say! Anyway, after several hours of holding up chains and teddies to dangle in front of Ash's face my arms were getting a bit sore. So I was delighted to discover this on our trip out to the local charity shop:


A dangling lion! And a shaky thing! And even a little bell that rings when you hit it! Yes, it's a baby gym! Asher hasn't quite worked out how to deliberately go for one of the objects, but I think he does realise that waving his arms about will make stuff move. This kept him occupied for at least ten minutes - very impressive stuff. Is it fun? Definitely. How do I know? Well...


...Noah had me try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment