Thursday 1 October 2009

Exhaustion!

People told me I was going to be tired... and they were right! Four days in and I'm exhausted. Today was actually a bit more relaxing - we spent most of the time in our groups rehearsing for our presentations. In my case this involved helping to write, type and rehearse a rhyming script about a bear looking for food in the forest; and making a giant slug out of shiny material [1].

Today I have also joined three teaching unions, bringing the number of free diaries in my possession up to four. That beats the total of free cloth bags, which is only at three - the NUT copped out and gave us plastic ones. However, their diary looks the best, and they also gave us a CD-ROM about behaviour management, so that's currently the favoured union among the Scarborough students.

Anyway, in my exhausted state I think I ought to go and read a little more about Reggio Emilia (which, in my limited knowledge, sounds fantastic!) before I collapse altogether. We've got the luxury of a 9.30 start in the morning - presumably they want us well-rested in order that we put on a good display tomorrow afternoon, when we bounce around the room dressed as woodland animals.

I love early years!



[1] I was about to comment about how very different this sort of thing is from the last degree I did... but then I remembered the Clemoes Reading Prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment