Sunday 10 February 2013

Bathing Baby

It is so much easier looking after a tiny baby when there's another adult around! It's been lovely having my mum to stay this week. She's been there to hold Asher so I could do things like having a bath (or even getting some sewing done!) and has been wonderful at cooking us delicious healthy meals and tidying up afterwards. Thanks, Mum!

Meanwhile, Asher has been eating (a lot), sleeping (a bit), crying (more today than usual; I wish I knew why!) and being sick (frequently, on everybody, especially if they're wearing something clean).

We've got a new bedtime routine in place for Ash, which involves him having a bath every evening. He does seem to enjoy being in the water and it really calms him down - although being taken out and dressed frequently negates the effect... After his bath we put him in his sleeping bag and I feed him in our bed, where he stays until he's settled. On a couple of occasions he has slept for 3-4 hours after this treatment!

How Asher sleeps these days
Anyway, I'm a bit nervous because I'm about to attempt baby bathing all on my own for the first time (except for the baby, obviously). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment