Monday 25 February 2013

This Week I Will...

You might notice that I've added a new gadget to the sidebar of my blog. It's a list of this week's goals, which I intend to update every Monday. In all honesty I put it there because I wanted to write my aims down somewhere, and I couldn't find the whiteboard pen Noah brought home on Friday... but then I thought it would be fun to put weekly intentions (activities? I like activities better) on the blog. Then, if I actually achieve any of them, I can show off about it ;)

This is definitely a list of no-pressure-to-achieve achievements, though. Things that really don't have to be done. Our lives will not be significantly worse if I don't achieve all (or even any!) of them. On the other hand, our lives might be positively impacted - will at least be more interesting - if some of these things happen. I'll feel better about my week if I get some of them done.

What could possibly make you feel better than this smile?

Some benefit me more; others are designed to benefit Asher. So for this week we have...

  • Rest. This is to benefit me. An important one because I haven't really been feeling well over the weekend, so even getting dressed and coming downstairs is quite an achievement for today!
  • Make a pram mobile. To benefit Ash.
  • Assemble a sensory box, again to benefit Asher. I keep meaning to introduce him to lots of different textures (and sounds and smells), but I never have the right things handy when he's in a good mood.
  • Sew a pair of baby jeans. This is totally for my benefit - Asher already has a few pairs of trousers. But it's the next stage in my project to make him a pair of dinosaur dungarees, which I'm quite excited about :)
Plenty there to keep me busy, if he sleeps for long enough!

Sleep? What's that?

No comments:

Post a Comment