Thursday 21 February 2013

[Un]Sulking

At first this post was a cross-with-technology moan. I thought iPhoto had lost my photos from the last three days somewhere between deleting them from the memory card and finishing the import.

But I found them! (In the "Today" section of Finder). Hooray!

This experience has taught me two things:

1. Never tell your computer to delete pictures from the memory card! Format it in the camera once you're sure the photos have uploaded.

2. What if something happened to my computer and I lost ALL my photos? `I seriously need to back them up. Anyone got any ideas of the best way to back up about 36 GB of photos? (36 GB sounds like a lot... should I delete some?!)


Anyway, thanks to Google, I am...

a) no longer sulking


b) able to show you the following delightful photos:



New skill (very handy when he needs soothing!)
Falling over on the sofa is hilarious!
Still funny! 
Chilling on his giraffe blanket
Having a chat with Mum

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    I use an external hard drive, and a duplicate back up to DVD.
    36GB isn't a lot: my 160GB HDD is pretty much full from the last 5 years of photos.
    I got a rugged drive (a Freecom, I think), so it's pretty robust.

    On other topics: Asher's lovely, and we're looking forward to meeting him!
    -Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian. Good to know I don't have a ridiculous amount of photos (yet...)
      External hard drive sounds like a good idea. I'll see what I can find :)

      Delete