Friday 1 February 2013

Rocking

Asher had his first ever go on his rocking horse today (with a little help from Daddy).

This baby rocks!
He seemed perfectly happy (and looked very cute). He may be too small to actually appreciate such things, but he does generally enjoy a rocking motion, so who knows? Noah tried to fit his feet in the stirrups but of course his legs - despite the speed with which they are outgrowing his various newborn babygrows - were far too short.

This is the same rocking horse I mentioned at Christmas - the one that used to belong to my brother Thom 20 years ago, and which I had no idea was still rocking out in a distant relative's attic, having been enjoyed by various cousins. Quite the family heirloom!

In other news, Asher's receding hairline is making him look more and more old-mannish, especially when he wrinkles his forehead and pulls one of his comically grumpy faces. His head control is getting slightly better, although he would not reproduce the quite excellent push-up he managed to execute yesterday when the camera was nowhere in sight.

Tummy Time
And me? I had half an hour this afternoon when Ash was sleeping on Noah during which I managed to clear my sewing table. Whether I'll get chance to actually use it in the near future remains to be seen...

Bonus cute photo

No comments:

Post a Comment